Saturday, December 29, 2007

TRAINING


There are only three things which are important in putting together an adventure.
PREPARATION, PREPARATION, PREPARATION.
I have spent the last 4 months putting in effort to get fit for the expedition. The training program peaked a month ago with weight training 4 times a week, three tyre pulling sessions through the soft sand in Tokai Forest. The last month lost a bit of focus with my daughter arriving from Australia for the holidays. This gave me a great excuse to focus on R+R (rest and recovery) and try to put on some FAT to insulate against the cold. This has been the fun part. Eating as much junk sweets, cakes and ice cream as possible. Managed to put on all of 2kg and move the tyre onto my waist.
Right now I am feeling physically good and ready.
The physical concerns I have is the cold. I am not sure how I will manage the extreme temperatures.
Ciao
Ricky